Richard M. Ozuna, MD
Dr. Ozuna is a graduate of Harvard Medical School, the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, and the UCLA Medical Center spine surgery fellowship. He is an expert on the treatment of back and neck disorders. Dr. Ozuna uses advanced techniques such as minimally invasive microsurgery and complex spinal reconstruction. He is actively involved in research and some of the most successful worldwide spinal implant developments. He also has been elected as one of the Best Doctors in America from 2006 to present.
Dr. Ozuna is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
AllWays Health Partners (formerly Neighborhood Health Plan / NHP)
Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts
Tufts Health Plan
WellSense Health Plan (formerly BMC healthnet)
Sports Medicine North accepts most major insurance carriers and plans. Please see the list of accepted insurance carriers below. To confirm if we accept your specific plan, please contact our billing department at (978) 818-6407 and have your insurance card available. Our team will be happy to provide additional information.
Spinal Surgery Fellowship: University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Doctorate of Medicine: Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Orthopedic Surgical Residency: Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry: Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
General Surgical Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Orthopaedic Surgery Board Certification
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Essex Orthopedic Society
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- North American Spine Society
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors of America®, 2003-2008
- Best Orthopedic Spine Surgeon in Boston, Boston Magazine, 2006-2007
- North American Spine Society Research Grant, Oct. 1998
- The Claude Ville, M.D. Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School, Sept. 1986