Kevin Bernard, M.D.
Specialties:Interventional Pain Management and Sports Medicine
About Dr. Bernard
Dr. Kevin Bernard is a fellowship-trained interventional pain management doctor specializing in nonsurgical spine and sports medicine care. He is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Bernard enjoys helping patients get back to the things that are important to them, whether that means watching their grandkids, playing sports, or getting back to work after an injury. Dr. Bernard offers patient-centered pain management options, and he uses the most advanced nonsurgical methods in treating joint and spine-related pain. He works with his patients in developing an evidence-based treatment plan that includes patient preferences and core values. Treatment goals are centered on improving a patient’s quality of life and overall function.
Dr. Bernard grew up in Atlanta and attended Oakwood University in Huntsville, Alabama, where he graduated with a degree in biomedical science. He completed medical school at The University of Alabama Birmingham School of Medicine. During his time there, Dr. Bernard pursued his interests in sports medicine and became involved with the Alabama Crimson Tide championship football team by assisting team physicians. During his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Health, he continued to develop an interest in musculoskeletal care through a myriad of activities, which included medical coverage for the Special Olympics, the New York City and Brooklyn marathons, and local high school football games in New York. Dr. Bernard later completed a spine fellowship at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston and stayed on as a staff physician in The Spine Center, conducting research through the Libert Family Spine Institute. In this role, he evaluated and treated cervical, thoracic, and lumbar conditions of the spine in addition to other disorders of the musculoskeletal system, including hip, knee, and shoulder conditions.
Dr. Bernard is an expert in providing care for patients of all activity levels, including weekend warriors as well as high school, college, and professional athletes. Dr. Bernard proudly cares for our military, local police officers, firefighters, and all first responders. Dr. Bernard has presented and lectured nationally on topics related to the spine and published multiple book chapters on spine and musculoskeletal pain conditions.
Dr. Bernard currently offers patient appointments in Peabody, Beverly, and Newburyport. When he isn’t caring for patients, Dr. Bernard stays active and enjoys winter sports, such as snowboarding.
- Fellowship in Physiatric Spine: New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Rusk Rehabilitation, NYU Langone Health, New York, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Alabama Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science: Oakwood University, Huntsville, AL
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- New England College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Spine Intervention Society
- New York City Marathon: Medical coverage for marathon participants, 2014
- New York Harbor Veterans Administration/Wounded Warriors, Heroes on the Hudson River: Medical coverage for adaptive kayaking and sailing, 2014
- Life Rolls On—They Will Surf Again: Medical coverage for adaptive surfing, 2014
- 44th Annual Tri-State Wheelchair/Ambulatory/USA Track & Field Masters: Medical coverage for the 5k road race, archery, and javelin events, 2013
- Manhattan Veterans Administration: Medical coverage for wheelchair fencing, 2013
- New York City Special Olympics: Medical coverage for softball and floor hockey, 2013 – 2014
- John Adams High School: Medical coverage for junior varsity football, Brooklyn, NY, 2013
- Bayside High School: Medical coverage for junior varsity football, Flushing, NY, 2012
1 Orthopedics Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
30 Tozer Road
Beverly, MA 01915
20 Henry Graf Jr. Road
Suite # 201
Newburyport, MA 01950-9998
“Dr. Bernard is very friendly and experienced. He made me feel very relaxed.”– Kristin M.