Bojan B. Zoric, M.D.
Specialties:Hip, Shoulder, Knee, Sports Medicine, Trauma
About Dr. Zoric
Dr. Zoric is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in the Boston area specializing in sports medicine and treatment of athletic injuries of the hip, knee, and shoulder. He is an expert in repair and reconstruction of cartilage, ligaments, and tendons and in arthroscopic surgery of the hip joint. He is a team physician for the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team and an active member of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association Physician Pool.
Dr. Zoric was born in Rochester, NY. He grew up in Croatia and Sweden, where he played professional soccer until the age of 18. He attended the University of Rochester, where he graduated with magna cum laude honors and was an Academic All-American in soccer.
Dr. Zoric subsequently attended UCLA School of Medicine, where he graduated with (AOA) honors. Following medical school, he completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Harvard University. During his residency, Dr. Zoric played under contract with the New England Revolution soccer team, based in Boston, for two seasons.
Following the completion of his residency, Dr. Zoric then completed his sports medicine fellowship at the world-renowned Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, CO. There, he specialized in arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the hip, knee, and shoulder and worked with professional athletes from the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and several European soccer clubs.
Dr. Zoric has been very active in the orthopedic sports medicine world. While in Vail, he served as team physician for the U.S. National Snowboard Team and the U.S. National Ski Team, traveling with both teams during the 2007 – 2008 World Cup season. He also worked as an assistant physician for the Denver Broncos during the 2007 – 2008 season. He has been a team physician for the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team since 2008 and was the team physician as they made their way to gold in the 2012 London Olympics and the 2015 Women's World Cup.
Dr. Zoric regularly lectures and instructs orthopedic surgeons from around the world in advanced techniques in arthroscopic hip surgery and is an active member of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Zoric is currently a serving board member of the Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association and sits on the committee for Education and Technology of the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Dr. Zoric regularly lectures at regional, national, and international meetings and has published multiple articles in peer-reviewed orthopedic surgery literature. Dr. Zoric has authored multiple scientific articles and book chapters and is a recognized expert in hip arthroscopy. He is active in research, and his studies of pediatric ACL reconstruction and ACL and PCL graft reconstructions have been published in The American Journal of Sports Medicine, Journal of Orthopaedic Research, Arthroscopy, and Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Vail, CO, 2007 – 2008
- Orthopedic Residency: Harvard University Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, Boston, MA, 2006 – 2007
- Doctorate of Medicine: University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Biology–Molecular Genetics and Minor in Chemistry: University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 1998
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
Official Team Affiliations
- U.S. Ski Team
- U.S. Snowboarding Team
- U.S. Women’s Soccer Team
Sports Medicine – Fellowship-Trained
- ACL reconstruction
- Allograft cartilage reconstruction
- Arthroscopic AC joint reconstruction
- Arthroscopic repair of ligaments after shoulder dislocation
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic SLAP repair
- Arthroscopic subacromial decompression
- Arthroscopic treatment of all shoulder and knee injuries
- Arthroscopic treatment of femoroacetabular impingement and labral tears of the hip
- Autologous cartilage implantation (Carticel implantation)
- Cartilage restoration procedures of all joints
- Complex knee ligament (PCL, MCL, LCL) reconstruction
- Knee arthroscopy and meniscal repair
- Meniscus transplantation
- Microfracture cartilage restoration
- Multi-ligament knee reconstructions
Trauma and Fracture Care
- Upper Extremity
- Lower Extremity
- Percutaneous Hip Fracture Fixation
Joint Preservation of the Hip, Knee, and Shoulder
1 Orthopedics Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
30 Tozer Road
Beverly, MA 01915
20 Henry Graf Jr. Road
Suite # 201
Newburyport, MA 01950-9998