Diagnostic Imaging (X-Ray, EMG, Bone Density, MRI)
We are proud to announce that all of our X-ray units are now digital. Old-school X-rays were chemically processed much like camera film. We currently have Quantum/Canon DR (Direct Radiography) machines and Konica CR Machines in our Peabody and Newburyport locations.
The physicians at Sports Medicine North decided to go with digital radiographic system primarily for speed and reliability. These X-ray units allow our physicians to view the X-ray images within a few minutes of the X-ray technologists performing the exam which helps make your visit to Sports Medicine North easier.
In our Peabody office, we also have a DEXA scanner, or bone density machine, which determines whether you have osteoporosis or are at risk of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disease that causes bones to become more fragile and more likely to break.
The National Osteoporosis Foundation recommends bone density testing if:
- You’re a woman age 65 or older
- You’re a postmenopausal woman under age 65 with one or more risk factors for osteoporosis
- You’re a man age 70 or older
- You’re a man between age 50 and 70 with one or more risk factors for osteoporosis
- You’re older than age 50 and you’ve experienced a broken bone
- You’re a postmenopausal woman and you’ve stopped taking estrogen therapy or hormone therapy
Bone Density appointments are on Fridays in the Peabody office. Please call (978) 818-6350 to schedule an appointment.