“My goal is to return my patients to their desired activity level by using conservative techniques.”
Dr. Bojan Zoric is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and arthroscopic reconstructive surgery of the hip, knee and shoulder. He is an expert in repair and reconstruction of cartilage, ligaments and tendons, and in arthroscopic surgery of the hip joint. He is a Team Physician for the US Women’s National Soccer Team and an active member of the US Ski and Snowboard Association physician pool.
Dr. Zoric was born in Rochester, NY. He grew up in Croatia and Sweden where he played professional soccer until the age of 18. He attended the University of Rochester where he graduated with magna cum laude honors and was an Academic All American in Soccer.
Dr. Zoric subsequently attended UCLA School of Medicine from where he graduated with (AOA) honors. Following medical school, he completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Harvard University. During his residency Dr. Zoric played under contract with the New England Revolution soccer team for two seasons. As a resident, he set up a physician coverage program for inner city Boston high school football games.
Following the completion of his residency, Dr. Zoric then completed his Sports Medicine fellowship at the world-renowned Steadman-Hawkins Sports Medicine Clinic in Vail, Colorado. There he specialized in arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, hip, and knee and worked with professional athletes from the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL and several European soccer clubs.
Dr. Zoric has been very active in the orthopedic sports medicine world. While in Vail, he served as team physician for the U.S. National Snowboard Team and the U.S. National Ski Team, traveling with both teams during the 2007-2008 World Cup season. He also worked as an assistant physician for the Denver Broncos during the 2007-2008 season. He has been a Team Physician for the US Women’s National Soccer Team since 2008 and was the team physician as they made their way to gold in the 2012 London Olympics.
Dr. Zoric has authored multiple scientific articles and book chapters. He is active in research, and his studies of pediatric ACL reconstruction and ACL and PCL graft reconstructions have been published in American Journal of Sports Medicine, Journal of Orthopaedic Research, Arthroscopy and Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
Official Team Affiliations:
- U.S. Women’s National Olympic Soccer Team
- U.S. Ski Team
- U.S. Snowboarding Team
Special Interests Include:
Sports Medicine - Fellowship Trained
- Arthroscopic treatment of femoro-acetabular impingement and labral tears of the hip
- Arthroscopic treatment of all shoulder and knee injuries
- Arthroscopic repair of ligaments after shoulder dislocation
- Arthroscopic SLAP repair
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic subacromial decompression
- Arthroscopic AC joint reconstruction
- Partial and total shoulder replacement
- Knee arthroscopy and meniscal repair
- ACL reconstruction
- Complex knee ligament (PCL,MCL, LCL) reconstruction
- Autologous cartilage implantation (Carticel implantation)
- Microfracture cartilage restoration
- Allograft cartilage reconstruction
- Meniscus transplantation
- Cartilage restoration procedures of all joints
Trauma and Fracture Care
- Upper Extremity
- Lower Extremity
- Percutaneous Hip Fracure Fixation
Arthritis and Joint Preservation of the Hip and Knee